Pensacola Dog Bite Attorney
Dog Bite Law
Each day nearly 1,000 Americans require emergency care treatment for dog bite injuries. Sadly, most of these victims are children. When man’s best friend turns against you or someone you love, it’s important to speak with a Pensacola dog bite attorney like Joe Zarzaur.
And no matter what, use these helpful tips to keep you safe when in close proximity with a dog:
- Do not leave an infant or toddler alone with a new dog
- Do not approach an unfamiliar dog
- Do not approach or tease a chained dog, especially if it is male and unaltered
- Do not try to stop a dogfight
- Do not pet a dog without letting it see and sniff you first
- Never put your face close to a dog, especially one you do not know
- Avoid startling a sleeping dog
- Do not bother a dog that is eating
- Do not disturb a dog that is caring for puppies
Watch the video below to see Joe discuss Florida dog bite law…
If you think you may be in danger of a dog attack, use these guidelines from Humane Society:
- Never scream and run
- Stay motionless with your hands at your sides and avoid eye contact with the dog
- Once the dog loses interest in you, slowly back away until he is out of sight
- If the dog starts to attack, give the dog your jacket, purse or anything that you can put between yourself and the dog
- If you fall or are knocked to the ground, curl into a ball with your hands over your ears and stay still.
Have you been bitten or attacked by a dog?
- Try not to panic
- Immediately cleanse the wound thoroughly with soap and warm water
- Contact your physician
- Report the attack to your local animal care and control agency.
- Tell them everything you know about the dog including any prior incidents, the owner’s name and the address. If you think the dog may be a stray, tell your local animal control official what the dog looks like, location of encounter and in which direction the dog went.
Be confident you have a legal expert on your side.
If injuries are serious, you may want to consider contacting an experienced Pensacola dog bite attorney like Joe.