Meet Our Law Clerks: Marilee Butler
Marilee Butler: Zarzaur Law’s Summer Law Clerk
Each summer, Zarzaur Law seeks out exceptional law students to join our firm for a 5-week hands-on experience. This full-time clerkship provides students with a variety of assignments and experiences with the legal team of Zarzaur Law, P.A. Each clerk, chosen from different law schools in the Southeast region, gain invaluable skills, mentorship, and knowledge within the civil litigation field.
Law Student at Samford University Cumberland School of Law
Hometown – Killeen, Alabama
1. School You Are Attending And What Year Of Law School Are You In?
I am a rising 2L as Samford University Cumberland School of Law.
2. What Area Of Law Are You Interested In Pursuing?
Litigation, but any more narrow, still undecided!
3. When Did You Know You Wanted To Be A Lawyer?
My junior year of undergrad. As I finished out my journalism degree I developed a passion for being a voice, but hadn’t decided how to really leave an impact. I then took a required media law course and enjoyed it so much I decided to take a few more legal study electives — and here I am!
4. What Do You Hope To Learn While Clerking At Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I hope to gain hands-on experience in trial preparation, along with learning how a small firm functions day to day.
5. Why Did You Choose Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I was originally interested in Zarzaur because of its size. As I learned more about it, I knew the passion that everyone at Zarzaur shares for the work they perform is what I wanted to be surrounded by during my clerkship!
6. Name Some Of Your Top Achievements Thus Far
Being selected for Cumberland’s National Trial Team.
7. What Do You Like To Do? (Hobbies, Sports, Charity Work)
I love thrifting!
8. Who (Dead Or Alive) Would You Like To Meet And Why?
Definitely Jesus. To just be around Him, hear Him teach, ask Him questions — and probably be frustrated in my humanness when He answers them with parables.
9. Why Do You Love / Like Pensacola?
The soul. Growing up visiting family here every summer, I grew to love the vibrant energy the entire city has. (and also the beach!)
10. Best Piece Of Advice That You Have Ever Received? (By Who?)
“Be a goldfish.” – Ted Lasso
Welcome aboard, Marilee!
Joe Zarzaur is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney whose firm is dedicated to promoting community safety since 2007. ZARZAUR LAW’S AREAS OF PRACTICE: Serious Personal Injury, Product Defect, Auto Accidents, Cycling Accidents, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Products Liability, Wrongful Death, Community Safety, Boat and Jet Ski Accidents, Slip and Fall Injuries, and more. Licensed in Alabama and Florida.
It is also important to consult with a Board Certified Trial lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you. We know accidents can be stressful and want to make the process as easy as possible for you. Call Zarzaur Law, P.A. today at (855) Hire-Joe for a free legal consultation or visit www.zarzaurlaw.com.
Offices in Pensacola, Destin and Miami.
- August Is Back-To-School Month And Child Safety Awareness Month In Florida. - August 4, 2022
- Pensacola Among Top Fatal Pedestrian Crash Hot Spots. - August 3, 2022
- Don’t Sign A Release After Your Car Accident Until You Speak With A Lawyer - August 1, 2022