Meet Our Law Clerks: Asia Oden
Asia Oden: Zarzaur Law’s Summer Law Clerk
Each summer, Zarzaur Law seeks out exceptional law students to join our firm for a 5-week hands-on experience. This full-time clerkship provides students with a variety of assignments and experiences with the legal team of Zarzaur Law, P.A. Each clerk, chosen from different law schools in the Southeast region, gain invaluable skills, mentorship, and knowledge within the civil litigation field.
Meet Asia Oden
Law Student at Cumberland School of Law
Hometown – Birmingham, Alabama
1. School You Are Attending And What Year Of Law School Are You In?
Cumberland School of Law. I’m a rising 2L
2. What Area Of Law Are You Interested In Pursuing?
I’m interested in pursuing plaintiff’s work, employment/labor law, or civil rights law.
3. When Did You Know You Wanted To Be A Lawyer?
I’ve always known that I wanted to be a lawyer! Majoring in Legal Studies at my undergraduate university solidified this for me, I loved learning about the law and want to make it my career.
4. What Do You Hope To Learn While Clerking At Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I have never worked in a firm before, so I hope to learn more about the day to day life of working in a legal office. I’m excited to shadow the attorneys here, and see the inner workings of trials and settlements.
5. Why Did You Choose Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I chose Zarzaur because of the firm’s reputation, size, and atmosphere.
6. Name Some Of Your Top Achievements Thus Far
Last week I made Cumberland’s negotiation team. Last year I graduated from undergrad summa cum laude.
7. What Do You Like To Do? (Hobbies, Sports, Charity Work)
I’ve recently gotten into reading for fun again. I also love to watch documentaries, and listen to podcasts.
8. Who (Dead Or Alive) Would You Like To Meet And Why?
If I could meet anyone dead or alive I would choose Maya Angelou. I have loved her work since I was a child, and I am always inspired by her perseverance and drive.
9. Why Do You Love / Like Pensacola?
I attended UWF for undergrad so Pensacola holds a special place in my heart. The beach is also a major plus.
10. Best Piece Of Advice That You Have Ever Received? (By Who?)
To always strive for better! – My grandfather
Welcome aboard, Asia!
Joe Zarzaur is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney whose firm is dedicated to promoting community safety since 2007. ZARZAUR LAW’S AREAS OF PRACTICE: Serious Personal Injury, Product Defect, Auto Accidents, Cycling Accidents, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Products Liability, Wrongful Death, Community Safety, Boat and Jet Ski Accidents, Slip and Fall Injuries, and more. Licensed in Alabama and Florida.
It is also important to consult with a Board Certified Trial lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you. We know accidents can be stressful and want to make the process as easy as possible for you. Call Zarzaur Law, P.A. today at (855) Hire-Joe for a free legal consultation or visit www.zarzaurlaw.com.
Offices in Pensacola, Destin and Miami.
- August Is Back-To-School Month And Child Safety Awareness Month In Florida. - August 4, 2022
- Pensacola Among Top Fatal Pedestrian Crash Hot Spots. - August 3, 2022
- Don’t Sign A Release After Your Car Accident Until You Speak With A Lawyer - August 1, 2022