Car Crash Statistics On The Rise
With Florida ranking number three in careless or reckless driving accidents, it’s no wonder car crash and traffic accidents are increasing in Escambia County. FIRES (Florida’s integrated Report Exchange System), reports on behalf of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. It serves as a portal into the State of Florida’s repository for traffic crash reports completed by Florida law enforcement agencies.
The combined Escambia County, Santa Rosa County and Okaloosa County auto accident reports for the dates June 4 – June 9, 2016, brought to you by Pensacola personal Injury lawyer, Joe Zarzaur of Zarzaur Law and FIRES. The data includes total crash reports, crashes with injuries, total vehicles involved, total and driver injuries, and more. If you’re involved in an auto accident contact Board Certified Attorney, Joe Zarzaur of Pensacola Personal Injury Law Firm, Zarzaur Law.
Annual Global Road Car Crash Statistics
- Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
- An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
- More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
- Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
- Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.
- Each year nearly 400,000 people under 25 die on the world’s roads, on average over 1,000 a day.
- Over 90% of all road fatalities occur in low and middle-income countries, which have less than half of the world’s vehicles.
Road crashes cost USD $518 billion globally, costing individual countries from 1-2% of their annual GDP.
- Road crashes cost low and middle-income countries USD $65 billion annually, exceeding the total amount received in developmental assistance.
- Unless action is taken, road traffic injuries are predicted to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.
Annual United States Road Car Crash Statistics
- Over 37,000 people die in road crashes each year
- An additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled
- Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year
- Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20
- Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
- Road crashes are the single greatest annual cause of death of healthy U.S. citizens traveling abroad
According to FIRES, from January 1, 2016 to present, Escambia County, Santa Rosa County and Okaloosa County have experienced 5,102 total crashes with 9,577 total vehicles involved and 2,238 of those crashes involving injuries leading to 3,754 total injuries. Of these crashes, 35 have resulted in traffic fatalities and 20 were driver fatalities.
Pensacola Personal Injury Lawyer, Joe Zarzaur, founder of Zarzaur Law has created this blog in an effort to educate the many citizens and visitors of Pensacola, Florida about their legal rights. Joe Zarzaur knows the ins and outs of Florida law, and offers friendly-quality legal help whether you have experienced an auto accident/car wreck, have been a victim of medical malpractice or are in need of a personal injury lawyer.
11 E Romana Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
Follow us on Twitter: @zarzaurlaw
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zarzaurlaw
Check us out on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ZarzaurLawPensacola