Meet Our Summer Law Clerks: Payton Ford
Law Student at Cumberland School of Law – Samford University
Hometown – Marbury, Alabama
Payton Ford Q&A
1. School You Are Attending And What Year Of Law School Are You In?
I go to Cumberland School of Law and I just finished my 2L year!
2. What Area Of Law Are You Interested In Pursuing? When Did You Know You Wanted To Be A Lawyer?
I really am interested in plaintiff’s personal injury. It all stems from my job as an office assistant at a personal injury firm in college. I saw people at some of the most difficult stages of their life, and knew that I wanted to make an impact with the clients. I have always wanted to help people, but I finally knew how after working there!
3. What Do You Hope To Learn While Interning At Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I hope to learn valuable research and writing skills, but also skills that they don’t teach while in law school: people skills, preparation, how to be a great lawyer!
4. Why Did You Choose Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
I chose Zarzaur Law because it made the most sense for me. I have always wanted to do plaintiff’s work, and I know the firm has a great reputation and does the best work for its clients.
5. Name Some Of Your Top Achievements Thus Far
During my 1L year, I participated in a competition for trial advocacy, known as the Williams, and won. I am also a member of the Cumberland National Trial Team and have competed in Syracuse National Trial Competition and Capitol City Challenge.
I am also the newest Online Editor for Vol. 45 of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy.
6. What Do You Like To Do? (Hobbies, Sports, Charity Work)
I mostly like to read (boring, I know) but I also enjoy watching my siblings play sports!
7. Who (Dead Or Alive) Would You Like To Meet And Why?
Harry Styles. As self-explanatory as this seems, it is because he is talented and seems genuine.
8. Why Do You Love / Like Pensacola?
It has the perfect “home town” feel without feeling so small! There are so many opportunities here!
9. Pets? (Type And Names)
I (Payton Ford) have an Aussiedoodle named Knox and she is the best girl.
10. Best Piece Of Advice That You Have Ever Received? (By Who?)
My parents know me to be a worrisome and anxious person, but they have always told me that I am living in the exact moment I once prayed for, and to never take it for granted!
Joe Zarzaur is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney whose firm is dedicated to promoting community safety since 2007. ZARZAUR LAW’S AREAS OF PRACTICE: Serious Personal Injury, Product Defect, Auto Accidents, Cycling Accidents, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Products Liability, Wrongful Death, Community Safety, Boat and Jet Ski Accidents, Slip and Fall Injuries, and more. Licensed in Alabama and Florida.
If you’ve been the victim of an accident, it’s important that you don’t make any rash decisions. Put yourself in the best possible position to receive the justice you deserve. It is also important to consult with a Board Certified Trial lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you. We know accidents can be stressful and want to make the process as easy as possible for you. Call Zarzaur Law, P.A. today at (855) Hire-Joe for a free legal consultation or visit www.zarzaurlaw.com.
- Takata Inflator Investigation – Is Your Car’s Air Bag Defective? - October 7, 2021
- Why Should You Seek Medical Treatment After A Car Wreck? - October 6, 2021
- Wave Another Car Across And An Accident Occurs – Who is Liable? - September 29, 2021