Law Student at Cumberland School of Law
Hometown – Pensacola, Florida
1. School You Are Attending And What Year Of Law School Are You In?
– I am law student at Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama. I just finished my first year (1L) of law school and will be a 2L next fall!
2. What Area Of Law Are You Interested In Pursuing?
– I am not entirely sure the specific area of law I want to pursue, but I know for a fact I want to stay on the civil side of things. I am clearly interested in the work I do here. 🙂
3. When Did You Know You Wanted To Be A Lawyer?
– I was a little late to the game to be honest. I originally wanted to become a Dentist, then switched to Veterinarian. Undoubtedly realized science was not my friend and knew that becoming a lawyer was my next step. I decided to start that path my sophomore year of college, but have always had that in the back of mind.
4. What Do You Hope To Learn While clerking At Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
– I think being new to the scene is amazing and I am truly open to learn anything I can. I particularly want to grow my legal writing skills and learn the day-to-day life of an attorney at this firm.
5. Why Did You Choose Zarzaur Law, P.A.?
– I am from this area and have always heard great things about Zarzaur. This firm truly has made a name for themselves in Pensacola and even around my law school. I knew that if I had an opportunity to clerk here would be a great accomplishment.
6. Name Some Of Your Top Achievements Thus Far
– This might be cliche, but one of my most recent top achievements would be accepting a summer clerkship at Zarzaur Law, P.A. after my 1L year. I also competed in the Parham Williams Trial Competition and my partner and I finished in the top 8 teams. I also competed on the law school flag football team and won the intramural championship game my 1L year.
7. What Do You Like To Do? (Hobbies, Sports, Charity Work)
– I love everything about the outdoors. I grew up fishing and hunting all my life. I am a very competitive person, so I am always open to playing any sport at any time. In college I volunteered at a dog shelter and that’s where I realized I enjoyed being around animals. (I have a chocolate lab myself, named Lyla).
8. Who (Dead Or Alive) Would You Like To Meet And Why?
– Jonny Kim. He is a Navy Seal, a Doctor, and an Astronaut at the age of 38. Has to be one of the most interesting persons on Earth. Conversations involving conflict and space would be so interesting.
9. Why Do You Love / Like Pensacola?
– I grew up in Pensacola and I have always liked the conveniency of everything. It’s a big city that mimics a small town. Downtown is such a cool area and there is always something to do. Plus who doesn’t love the beach.
10. What Your Favorite Book You Have Ever Read?
– The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
11. Best Piece Of Advice That You Have Ever Received? (By Who?)
– Everything happens for a reason. If something doesn’t go your way, there is a reason – Mom
Joe Zarzaur is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney whose firm has been dedicated to promoting community safety since 2007. ZARZAUR LAW’S AREAS OF PRACTICE: Serious Personal Injury, Product Defect, Auto Accidents, Cycling Accidents, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Products Liability, Wrongful Death, Community Safety, Boat and Jet Ski Accidents, Slip and Fall Injuries, and more. Licensed in Alabama and Florida.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important that you don’t make any rash decisions. Put yourself in the best possible position to receive the justice you deserve. It is also important to consult with a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you. We know accidents can be stressful, and we want to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Call Zarzaur Law, P.A. today at (855) Hire-Joe for a free legal consultation or visit www.zarzaurlaw.com.